Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When life is busy, eat leftovers.....

I am infinitely glad that I make meals that allow for a day or two of leftovers. I know that I have said this before, but it is going to save my hiney in this vegan challenge. Having a family and work can put a strain on all good intentions unless you plan ahead. By thinking about the menu, and hitting the grocery store, you can eat healthy and avoid the drive thru. That is a pet peeve of mine, that parents think that the drive thru is valid meal choice because their kids have an over stuffed schedule. That is what leads to bad habits and poor food choices. Sorry to get off on a tangent....back to my day. I had a boring breakfast of mini wheats and soy milk, lunch was mock chicken salad sandwich and teddy grahams (accidentally vegan!), and dinner was my mexican tortilla soup from yesterday. I put some veggie cheese shreds in it, noting the "melts well" on the bag, but melting into a big blob of cheese in my soup really doesn't look appetizing. Tastes good, though....After dinner, my hubby decided to make a yummy smoothie. He threw a banana, some mixed berries, and apple juice in a blender, and viola! With a lovely purple color, I felt giddy with excitement at all the antioxidants I was getting. But the seeds......blech. I finally strained it, but the hubby gave me a hard time about not getting all the "fiber" from the seeds. Whatever.....It was sooo much better without all the little bits in it! Tomorrow, I plan to wow you with my adventure with Cashew encrusted tofu and some other side dish, as soon as I think of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment