Thursday, November 11, 2010

I do believe my head will implode.....

I have been dealing with a headache for 3 days now. It is either the weather front coming in to Austin, all the biking/camping from the weekend, or stress. Take your pick. Any way, I wish to trade in my head for a model that won't inflict pain. Can I get that at Wal-mart? Or Target? And my day was very hectic, but sure didn't start that way.

I leisurely crawled out of bead @ 9:30am and had my cereal and got ready to meet my vegan friend Danielle for lunch and some girl time. I really wasn't in any mood to eat with the headache fog I was in, so I thought that a vegan restaurant near Danielle would be good. I am really glad that Austin has a large assortment of places that offer vegan choices on the menu, and Mother's is no exception. Actually, all of their dishes are either vegetarian or vegan, or veggie that can be made vegan. And their food quality is exceptional. I was not too hungry, so I went with an old standby, the Portabella Mushroom Sandwich, and added some guacamole. I swear that damn thing was bigger than my head! I could not finish it, but managed to choke down some chocolate peanut butter pie that I shared with Danielle for dessert. We hung out a little while and decided to window shop at the mall after I picked up my daughter at school. I think this is where my day went from good to exhausting. My little girl is a power house of energy, and keeping up with her in the mall was both physically and mentally challenging.

We headed home to have dinner, and it just got worse. Making a new dish, making something for my daughter to eat, and putting it on the table all at the same time can be difficult, if not almost impossible. I made Cashew Encrusted Tofu form The 30 Minute Vegan, and wanted to do another dish, but didn't have the ingredients, so I made some steamed broccoli instead. I also wanted to make a salad, but I only got as far as washing it and putting it in the salad spinner (the best thing ever!). I do think that this tofu dish would be better if I changed the tahini out with peanut butter. The tahini was almost too rich and I just don't think enjoyed it much. But when I make this again, I think peanut butter is the way to go.

I ran out of the house after dinner to have some alone time, and on the way home, I stared to jones for some kind of comfort food. What to have....Hmmm......Oh! I pass by (or can) a Starbucks...Mmmm, Soy Chai.....Perfect. I don't have the headache anymore, but I think I may still need more comfort food. What to have? Hmmmmmm.....


1 comment:

  1. mmmmm, chocolate peanut butter pie. i didn't think i would like it as much as i did. i p*ssed...i took pics of your food and mine, but not the most excellent pie!!!

    to see the 'bigger than michelle's head' port mushroom sammich, check out: http://omnivore-nomore.blogspot.com/2010/11/tall-dark-andnasty.html

    happy mofo!

    ReplyDelete