Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Ides of MoFo

Today (actually yesterday) is the midway point for Vegan MoFo. I am beginning to miss some things, like milk chocolate. I have some cravings for it, and I could make something chocolatey, but am not motivated to do so. And I really don't particularly like dark chocolate. Oh, well....

I managed to have lunch at my favorite Pho place, Kim Phung. Man, that place is a dive, but they can bang out some yummy food. I had ordered the tofu lomein, and was about to order the sweet and sour soup, when my girlfriends hubby pointed out it wasn't vegan. Why? Oops, pork. Damn. Had to skip it. I also picked up the turkey roll at Wheatsville today as I was starting to worry about the possibility of them selling out. Whew, got it!

Dinner was another yummy recipe from The 30 Minute Vegan. Pasta Florentine. Damn it makes a lot! 6 servings my hiney! I am going to freeze some, I sure hope it works. Anyway, I finally used the right soymilk. Usually I mess up and add sweetened soymilk, much to my families dismay. But not this time! Everything turned out excellent. Pasta, onion, spinich, basil from the front porch, nutritional yeast, soymilk, and vegan mozzerella (even though it was optional). Add a very crusty roll that I found at the local grocery store, and I was full! I may be ready to go to bed......night Veganland....

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like dark chocolate at first either, but it's grown on me. That and certain brands of bittersweet are vegan and really good. Can you get a hold of Rice Milk Chocolate bars? They're really good!

    But good work sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete