Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

It may not be a holiday, but it should. All the prep work involved, the traveling, the fighting for the last potato/package of rolls/can of condensed soup, and of course, let's not forget about the obligatory stress that everyone feels.....Yeah, I am thinking that all holidays be spread out over 3 days as to recover from the BIG day. I am feeling more harried, since I am taking my own food as well as making things to take. And the packing for the 2 days we will be gone. And the cleaning that has to be done before we leave so the pet sitter doesn't think we are slobs....(we all do it! Don't judge..) I will not feel better until my hubby gets back from Chicago next Thursday. I will be a single mom until then. Sometimes my 5 year old and I butt heads....Okay, more than sometimes...

On a positive note, I made my Dutch Apple Pie vegan! I substituted Earth Balance butter, and made an egg wash for the bottom graham cracker crust with ground flax seeds and water. That was weird. It kind of got the consistency of boogers. I hope it works, cuz I love my Apple Pie!

Well, Happy Thanksgiving Day, Veganland. Remember, it is not about stuffing our faces until we want to puke, it is about giving thanks for what we have. I watched a documentary in History Channel about the first T-day. It helped me focus on the true meaning, and not about Black Friday and consumerism. Do some research, get in touch with our history. It will fascinate you....

1 comment:

  1. ok, so the following link is probably in bad taste, but i'm doing it anyway...don't judge :-)

    http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/index.jsp?cid=50peroffAD4

    how did the pie turn out with the modified egg wash?

    ReplyDelete