Friday, November 26, 2010

Non-turkey day...

Thanksgiving computer access was limited, so I will recap the holiday today. We got up and out of the house by 10am and headed to my hubby's family farm in Blum, TX. (pop. 400) I had packed all of the food I might want and then some....Dinner was planned for 6 pm and finding an oven open to cook my Gardin Turkey Roll was easier than I thought. I mean, cooking dinner for 35-40 people takes a lot of oven space. I asked my sister in law to let me have some of her salad before the addition of Feta Cheese. She puts dried cranberries and walnuts and then a french vinaigrette. Yummy! I lucked out and scored some rolls at the last minute when I ran by the store on the way out of town. I was sure that they would be sold out! Man, my "turkey roll" was awesome! And my Apple pie? Nomnomnom.....I took that bad boy home today! I just have to not eat it in one sitting. On the way home, we grabbed some Subway. Jeepers, Sunchips have a lot of salt, they make my lips dried out.

Alright, today is day 26. And as an omnivore, I have found being a vegan not that hard. But I really hate reading all the labels and having to pass on stuff because of 1 ingredient. It is starting to wear me down. I am actually counting the days til I can go back to eating milk products. Hands down, cheese is better when it is real. Sorry, but its true. And I never agreed with the honey thing. But I have added some new foods to my list of favorites that are vegan. And I will continue to eat more veggie than meat.

Tomorrow, I will make one of my favorite things, Egg-less Egg Salad, from The 30 Minute Vegan. I can hardly wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment