Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work I go.

Today I had to work all day, so I packed a lunch for myself. Last night I talked about making my own wraps, and saving myself a headache trying to locate vegan ones on the fly. Well, I just had to do that for lunch today. I used red pepper, cucumber, hummus, avocado, and some green onion as I was out of red onion. My tortillas were a little on the small side, but they worked well. Yummy! So on the way home, I picked up some bigger ones. I can't wait to use them. I will be able to put more veggies in it, and add sprouts.

The family went to the In-laws for dinner (steak), so I was on my own. I revisited grits, with unsweetened soymilk, for a much better result. Must always remember that original is not unsweetened. It makes for some interesting enchiladas.....but that is another story.

I want to make tofu scramble for breakfast, but it makes a lot, so I asked hubby if that was cool to make in the morning. He said that would be good if it had eggs in it. "Umm, it's TOFU scramble, not egg scramble..." So I guess its a no go, unless I can reheat the leftovers....

Sorry for the poor amount of info tonight. I had a boring food day. Tomorrow may be the same, with baked potatoes for lunch, and no plan for dinner, yet. We will see. Later, Veganland.

No comments:

Post a Comment