Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mmmmm, mock chicken salad.

Now that I am back from my trip, I can start to have a normal cooking schedule. I usually plan 3 different meals (with leftovers) for the week. I looked through a cookbook my vegan friend Danielle gave me for my birthday (Was she premeditating about getting me to join Vegan MoFo?), and chose the Mexican Tortilla Soup and parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme biscuits, and Macadamia Encrusted tofu. All are available in "The 30 Minute Vegan" by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray. I ran by Whole Foods to grab some Miso soup, and while I was there I picked up some mock chicken salad. I had this a few weeks ago, and all I can say is yum! I swear it tastes like the real thing! And I grabbed a Tom's Tobouley Wrap for lunch and a small salad. I also need to get WF's Balsamic Dressing, it was amazing! Anyway....The soup is more like a chili, and I should put corn in too, but it is really good. The biscuits.....well I did not have spelt flour, so I used whole wheat flour. And the recipe says it will be sticky. Not really...it was dry, so I added some more soy yogurt. They looked like dried poop, but tasted good. I will get some spelt flour and remake them. As a bonus, I use some dried sage from my own planters! I hope that the tofu recipe works out just as good, but my hubby and I decided that cashews would be a better crust.....Mmmmm, cashews!

I am hungry again talking about all this food....so I am off to find a snack. Maybe some mock chicken salad?...Mmmmm

1 comment: