Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thank goodness for leftovers!

Today was a very busy work day for me. I am a manicurist by day, and since I will be gone this weekend to Dallas, I was over booked. It was a good solid 10 hours of manicures, pedicures and acrylic fills. I am so tired. Luckily, I had leftover pasta from last night as I worked through some of lunch. But that is not all....I have to pack, pack for my daughter, who will be cared for til Friday by my vegan friend, Danielle. Then pull in my plants off the porch since it will be to cold for my peppers and herbs this weekend. Let's not forget about the cleaning of the house before I leave (cuz who wants to come home to a dirty house?), and make directions for the care of said daughter and the puppies. Oh, yeah....I made some homemade oreo cookies too. I had them frozen in the freezer, and just made the filling and put them together.They are not vegan, so I will post later about how yummy and better than the real thing they are! Maybe picture too...if I could figure out how.....

The reason I am going to Dallas is to participate as a crew member on the Breast Cancer 3 Day. For 3 days, 2500 women and men will walk 60 miles for a cure to Breast Cancer. I am on Route Safety, and I will ride my bicycle and help the walkers cross the street and their general safety. But because I will be camping at night and at the mercy of the caterers, I will be vegetarian for the next 4 days, and will not blog til Sunday night. I realize that no one will show up at my door demanding that I apologize for "falling off the wagon", since only my girlfriend reads and follows this blog....but I think that staying at least vegetarian for those days is still acceptable. As soon as I return, its back to the vegan life! Which I have found that it is not that hard, with the protein issue being the biggest concern. But more on that later......See you on the flip side, Veganland!

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten you were pulling in all the plants and was surprised when I went into the garage and planters were everywhere...soon I will be able to grow my own herbs, too!!

    ReplyDelete