Monday, November 22, 2010

Let's "Wrap" it Up!

Today I finally made a veggie wrap that I have been fantasizing about for days. I got some EVOO tortilla wraps from the Tortilla Company, put hummus, avocado, red pepper, green onion, cucumber, and sprouts on it. Yum, but I think I put too many sprouts on, cuz it kind of seemed like grass some times. All in all, a positive experience. I will need to practice the wrapping thing more, though. Or I put too many veggies on it. Naaaa, you can't have to many veggies!

For dinner I pulled out a Morning Star Farms microwave meal, Sesame Chik'n. Very good, actually. I hope that this is new line of food continues to expand, since they currently have 3 meals to choose from (at my grocery), and 1 has cheese in it. In the past, Morning Star's meat substitutes have been edible, but not spectacular. I definitely give a thumbs up to this line of food.

On a different note, after I made my pumpkin muffins yesterday, a college friend of mine wanted me to send some to him (he is in NY, I am in TX). I have sent baked goods in the past to him (not vegan), so I asked if he was into vegan food, and he said that he was vegan until before doing his last Ironman, but needed more calories so he added dairy and eggs. Wow! When I knew him it was a different story! Kind of cool.....

No comments:

Post a Comment