Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, good night

Ahhh, the last night of Vegan MoFo. I wish I had more profound musings to impart, but, sadly, no. My last day was the same as any other day, oatmeal for breakfast, Morning Star Farms lasagna, and a new soup, Thai Kitchen garlic and vegetable instant rice noodle soup. Not too bad. May have to try other varieties.

Tomorrow will be back to the omnivore way. Maybe. I am concerned about eating meat after being off for the last month. Will I have gastro-intestinal issues? I will probably start slow, with milk products (yea, yogurt and cheese!) And add in some egg beaters. My hubby joked about getting a big steak, but that WILL make me sick. And I never really agreed with the honey thing. They are about as free range as you get...and they have to make the honey. I try to buy local honey from a co-op, since it is beneficial to people with allergies. And the local economy. I love our local farmers market. The produce is better than the store most of the time, and you get to meet the people that grow it.

I had my blood draw this am, but no word yet on the levels.....maybe tomorrow. And this weekend I am making sugar cookies for an order...Books for a book club. I don't have a cutter, so I have to make a template and cut them out individually. And I will start the Christmas cookies, too. Can you hear the gears of my Kitchen Aide warming up for the baking season? Maybe Danielle can teach me to post pictures so everyone can see how/what I am doing....

So long and good night, Veganland. It has been an adventure!

1 comment: