Monday, November 1, 2010

Good 1st morning of Vegan MoFo!

Let's start this off by having a disclaimer.....I am not a morning person. So in all honesty, "good morning" is really not something I like to hear or say. Okay.....

Today is the first day of my trip to Veganland. I am an omnivore, and although I could give up most meat, I do like milk products, like cheese, butter, and cream. They work so well in my baking. And I can bake the crap out of some cookies. And I will....but I will not eat any this month. In fact, I am making some for the crew of the Breast Cancer 3 Day, which I am a part of....Go Route Safety!

Today was also my Weight Watchers meeting, where as a Lifetime member, I have to weigh in at the 1st of the month. Whew! thank goodness that is over for 30 more days. I swear it gives me stomach aches just stressing over maintaining my weight.

I had some almond butter and jelly for a quick snack before hitting the scales and took a banana to have later. But lunch was tricky. I LOVE grits, so it should be simple to sub stuff out....right? Sort of. Plain soy milk, veggie cheese shreds, and vegan butter in place of the regular stuff really didn't have the same taste. I may use nutritional yeast next time, I just forgot I had some. And the cheese was not very melty....I at least know what to have for dinner, Sloppy Joes. Made some last night for dinner, so its left-overs for me since I have to work late. I fed some to my daughter without telling her what I made it with and she ate it without any problems. But I was less than pleased with McCormick's seasoning packet. I will try to find the Manwich brand and see if that helps.

Well, on with the rest of my day.....

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good first day. I want some nut butter and jelly/jam now...mmm...

    ReplyDelete