Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How do YOU roll?

Day 2....and it is going well. I have resisted some very yummy non-vegan treats, like most of the Halloween candy still sitting on the counter of the kitchen. It seems that I must "tell" my husband to take it to work, instead of him just knowing that it must be done. I was sure when we got married 10 years ago, that the ESP of married people would develop and we would act as one.....yeah, not so much. But I am totally digging the SO Delicious non-dairy gluten free ice cream mini sandwiches! they are great! I also found other websites that had an expanded "accidentally vegan" product list. I should learn how to post links and pictures like my vegan girlfriend, Danielle, at omnivore-nomore.blogspot.com. oh, well....such is life when you are computer illiterate. I can work the spell check pretty well ; )

I am making pasta with homemade pasta sauce for dinner with some crimini mushrooms I picked up this weekend at the local farmers market. But I also wanted some garlic bread, but was concerned about what bread to use. So I shot a text to Danielle (who is totally responsible for my being here.....) and asked what to make garlic bread with....her text back: Use vegan butter and garlic....AND? What about the bread?! Called her after my workout with my trainer and had to clarify my question. We had quite a giggle over that!

Back to the subject of my title... How do you roll? Maki roll, that is. I totally had a craving for some last night and Danielle was kind enough to meet me for lunch. I also go some Miso soup, which had me mesmerized by the patterns that it conjures up when you stir it! I want to get some for home and put some noodles and tofu in that bad boy.....nom nom!

I ended up rambling on, didn't I? See you tomorrow, Veganland!

1 comment: