Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hit the road, Jack!

Ok, so I'm not Jack, but it is time to hit the road in the morning. I go to Ft. Worth every few weeks as a courier for my husbands company, and I get paid for driving up, staying with my mother, and coming home. Damn, life is rough....although spending time with my mother can be "interesting" sometimes. I did tell her about Vegan MoFo, and she seemed relatively supportive. So unlike her. I suggested once that if I was vegetarian, it might help with my cholesterol problems. "Why do you want to be so extreme?" Really? Cholesterol comes from animal products, so cutting them out may be beneficial. She didn't see it that way. My family is not know for liking change, for anyone. Once an opinion is formed, it doesn't usually change.

Enough about how dysfunctional my family is, on to my road trip. I did go and buy another cooler to transport my vegan fare. I did say I like to shop...I will bring as much food as I can, and I know that I can get fruit and salad at my mothers. I also have the address to a not so local Whole Foods, to get a Tom's Tabouleh for lunch on the drive home. And maybe a Rice Milk Chocolate Bar that was recommended (thanks, Candy Beans).

I would talk about my food for today, but I have nothing new....All leftovers. They save your life, but it can be dull after 3 days of the same lunch or dinner. I have to come up with something for this weekend.....Hmmmm, what do I want? We'll see.

Good night, Veganland.

No comments:

Post a Comment