Sunday, November 28, 2010

Single mom blues

Usually my weekends are pretty easy with my hubby watching our daughter while I do some housework, or grocery shop. But said hubby is in Chicago until next Thursday. I swear I am counting the days til he gets home....

I am running out of ideas for food as the month of MoFo comes to a close. Will I continue the meatless diet, or go back to my carnivore ways. I think it will be a mix of both. I will try to have more meatless days, but I really do want meat sometimes. I am glad for the opportunity to make new recipes, but I am ready to go back. And have my blood drawn for my cholesterol levels! I have a family history of heart disease and stroke and I know that of the 3 things that go into that (1. Diet, 2. Exercise, 3. Genetics), there is only one I can't control. So try to do what I can for the other 2....

Today I decided to make the Egg-less Egg Salad from the 30 Minute Vegan. I just can't make anything bad out of this cookbook. I LOVE that! I have bought books before and got rid of them after 3-4 bad recipes. Anyhoo, I like this dish, but have no one to share it with. I makes quite a bit. I would add more mustard than it calls for, but that is my only whine. I ate it with celery, tortilla chips, and by itself. Yum!

I also ran out of yogurt and had to make an emergency run to the store for more! That and a Diet Coke. A girl's got to have her vices, ya know?!

I will update when I get my Lipid panel back. Until then....Good night, Veganland.

No comments:

Post a Comment